Elevation of the stage
Waytypes of the stage
Surface of the stage
The GT2V à Vélo, from the Lot Valley to Cantal’s border
The cycle route rises gradually, alternating between cycle lanes and minor roads used by very little traffic. .
The first 8km-stretch between Port d'Agrès and Saint-Santin-de-Maurs leads you in part along the RD627 road, with some 3km along the north bank of the Lot River, in part along the RD272, a road little used by vehicles. Heading up to Saint-Santin-de-Maurs, the slope along the RD72 is continuous, going through woods. Then, on towards Saint-Constant, extra width is provided for cyclists along an easier downhill stretch.
After Saint-Constant, the route is shared with motorized traffic as you head up gradually to Maurs.
SNCF train station
- Maurs train station: Regional TER line Maurs – Figeac; regional TER coach line Maurs - Aurillac
- Port d’Agrès: the Maison de la Rivière d'Olt, a visitor centre on the local river heritage
- Saint-Santin-de-Maurs: the village stands on the border between the counties (départements) of Aveyron and Cantal
- Maurs: a medieval village with the 14th-century Saint Césaire Abbey church
- Lou Truel: walnut oil mills and apple presses.