15,80 km cycling route from Hirson to Etréaupont
Elevation of the stage
Waytypes of the stage
Surface of the stage
Following the Axe Vert de la Thiérache greenway, with no particular difficulties along the way.
Surfacing smooth: compacted tracks or asphalt.
From Hirson train station, a former railway track heading east has been transformed into a cycle path leading to the 12th-century Benedictine Abbey of St Michael, on the edge of the forest 5km away.
- Hirson train station
- Saint-Michel and Hirson Forests
- Domaine de Blangy (with its waterfall in a strait, its outdoor recreation centre and its campsite)
- Tour Florentine and Rotonde Ferroviaire, impressive 1920s constructions connected to the marshalling yard built at Hirson train station
- Ohis, a charming village with a viaduct (formerly on the line Hirson, Guise, Busigny)
- Wimy fortified church
- Musée la Casemate at Wimy, a museum on the two World Wars
- Conserverie d’Ornelle (selling local produce)