1 h 36 min
I begin / Family
A stage giving you a condensed summary of the Thiérache area’s delights, with its fortified churches, green meadows and unspoilt brick villages. All the way along, remarkably beautiful fortified churches alternate with stretches of pastureland. The end of the stage produces highlights in the form of Beaurain’s magnificent fortified church and the town of Guise, dominated by its impressive medieval keep and home to the progressive cooperative housing project, the 19th-century Familistère Godin.
Elevation of the stage
45 m 20 m
Waytypes of the stage
Cycle path: 22,58 km By road: 1,66 km
Surface of the stage
Accidenté: 23,56 km Inconnu: 0,17 km Lisse: 0,51 km
Almost entirely along a greenway, except for a short section on a minor road at the level of Sorbais.
Surfacing smooth: compacted tracks or asphalt.
- The fortified churches at Autreppes, Saint-Algis, Marly-Gomont, Englancourt, Malzy, Faty, Monceau-sur-Oise and Beaurain
- Autreppes and Erloy landing stages, perfect spots for a picnic stop
- Englancourt perched village (with viewing point)
- Proisy: the dam and the Jardin d’Hélène garden
- Remarkable mills at Erloy, Englancourt, Monceau-sur-Oise, Flavigny and Wiège-Faty
- Guise: the fortified castle; the 19th-century Familistère social housing cooperative, now a museum