36,83 km cycling route from Saint-Amand-Montrond to Châteaumeillant
Elevation of the stage
Waytypes of the stage
Surface of the stage
Cycle route from Saint-Amand-Montrond to Châteaumeillant
Signposting is exemplary along this stage! Still, keep your eye out for the signs and make the most of the trail, specifically laid out to enable you to enjoy some of the attractions of the old province of the Berry.
One tip: avoid the temptation to join the D951 road to gain a few minutes at best, as that road, while straight, isn’t set up for cyclists’ safety and lacks interest.
- Agence française des chemins de Compostelle – 05 62 27 00 05
- Office de Tourisme Intercommunal Berry Grand Sud, 69 Rue de la Libération, 18370 Châteaumeillant - 02 48 61 39 89
- Agence de développement touristique du Cher
SNCF train services
- Please note, no train stations serve this stage until the town of La Souterraine, but, if you’re willing to take a slight detour, there is a station at Eguzon-Chantôme
- Le Châtelet: Puy-Ferrand Abbey, located at the top of a green promontory looking down on Le Châtelet, offering a fine example of Romanesque architecture in the province of Berry. Le Châtelet - les Archers: Musée de la Poterie, set in a potters’ centre, telling the story of pottery and potters in the Berry
- Saint-Jeanvrin: Musée Michel Langlois, a museum displaying an extraordinary collection of old craft tools
- Châteaumeillant: Musée archéologique, plus the vestiges of the Oppidum de Mediolanum, established by ancient Gauls, then occupied by Gallo-Romans