49,09 km cycling route from Amiens to Abbeville
Elevation of the stage
Waytypes of the stage
Surface of the stage
The Somme Valley cycle route, follows the towpath, sometimes along the river’s north bank, sometimes along its south bank. The surface alternates between tarmac and compacted sand through the country areas. Signposting is unbroken and also indicates services to be found in towns and villages beside the cycle route. Picnic areas have been laid out around the locks and at various points along the canal, allowing you to enjoy lovely pauses beside the waterway.
At Longpré-les-Corps-Saints, signposted link to the Maison des Marais and to the greenway, the Voie Verte du Vimeu à l'Airaines.
At Abbeville, signposted link towards the greenway, the Voie Verte de la Traverse du Ponthieu.
- Station at Amiens
- Station at Saint-Roch
- Station at Dreuil
- Station at Ailly-sur-Somme
- Station at Picquigny
- Station at Hangest-sur-Somme
- Station at Longpré-les-Corps-Saints
- Station at Pont-Rémy
- Station at Abbeville
- Amiens: Notre Dame Cathedral, the House of Jules Verne, the Picardy Museum, the Zoo...
- Ailly-sur-Somme lockhouse
- Picquigny: the castle and the nautical base
- Long: the lock house, the castle and the hydropower station
- Pont-Rémy: remains of the castle
- Eaucourt-sur-Somme: the castle and the mill
- Abbeville: the Saint-Vulfran collegiate church, the belfry and the Boucher de Perthes museum.