No particular difficulties on this stage. The way is shared with La Flow Vélo. Greenways run beside the Charente River and through the Haute-Saintonge area, with minor roads from Linars. Continue along quiet roads between Châteauneuf-sur-Charente and Viville, then join a greenway along a former railway line up to Barbezieux-St-Hilaire. Take care at the crossing at the place named La Croze, leaving the RD72 road. Signposted EV3.
Surfacing smooth: asphalt and compacted tracks.
Angoulême train station :
- Regional TER line Angoulême - Châteauneuf-sur-Charente - Jarnac - Cognac - Saintes - Saujon - Royan
- Regional TER line Angoulême - Poitiers
- Regional TER line - Angoulême - Bordeaux
- High-speed TGV line Angoulême - Bordeaux, Angoulême - Paris ; Angoulême - Poitiers
- Châteauneuf-sur-Charente train station
- Regional TER line - La Rochelle - Royan
- Angoulême: the murs peints, outdoor walls painted with huge images; the Cité Internationale de la Bande Dessinée et de l'Image and its Musée de la Bande Dessinée (a whole area devoted to cartoons and including a museum on the subject); the Musée du Papier, a museum on paper, and the nearby themed La Table à Dessin for a bite; the Fond Régional d'Art Contemporain Poitou-Charentes (displaying regional contemporary art collections); the Musée d'Angoulême (on arts and archaeology); St-Pierre Cathedral
- Fléac: Ste-Barbe Church
- Fleurac: site of the 3 locks
- St-Simeux: St-Siméon Church
- Mosnac: St-Saturnin Romanesque church
- Châteauneuf-sur-Charente: the Charentais vineyards
- Barbezieux-St-Hilaire: the fortified gateway