Bondy / Corbeil-Essonnes The Scandibérique / EuroVelo 3
Elevation of the stage
Waytypes of the stage
Surface of the stage
In the county (département) of Val-de-Marne, the route follows the Seine, crossing the suburban towns/parishes of Charenton-le-Pont, Ivry-sur-Seine, Vitry-sur-Seine, Choisy-le-Roi, Orly, Villeneuve-le-Roi and Ablon-sur-Seine.
Entering the county of Essonne, the route alternates between east and west banks of the Seine. There are a number of green spaces along the way that make appealing stops, at the Port aux Cerises, Viry-Grigny’s lakes, the Seine’s banks at Ris-Orangis and Évry, and the sensitive natural space at Les Coudrays. Between these greener parts, you cross the more urban zones via cycle paths or roads with moderate traffic.
We recommend that you download the roadbooks and tracks for this stage to ensure you have a clear idea of the route, as signposting is not consistently in place along the way.
Surfacing smooth in parts: on the cycle paths and moderately busy roads through the more urban areas, with a mix of concrete and asphalt.
Surfacing rough in parts: crossing L’Ile de Loisirs at the Port aux Cerises and by the Viry-Grigny Lakes and the Espace Naturel Sensible des Coudrays, the route is along limestone paths that aren’t easy to tackle on a road bike.
- Paris Crossrail RER D > RER D line station at Vigneux-sur-Seine
- Metro line 8
- RER C and D > RER C and D lines at Juvisy-sur-Orge Station / RER D station at Vigneux-sur-Seine
- RER D stations at Viry-Châtillon / Ris-Orangis / Grand Bourg / Evry-Val de Seine
- Major Paris SNCF train stations close to the route: Gare du Nord, Gare de l’Est, Gare d’Austerlitz, Gare de Lyon
Accessible from the route :
- Parc départemental de la Bergère à Bobigny : 15 hectares to discover on the banks of the Ourcq Canal
- Le Dock B à Pantin : emblematic building of the port of Pantin, open stage and terrace where it is good to have a brunch
Accessible from the route :
- Parc de La Villette : including the Cité des sciences et de l'industrie, the Philharmonie de Paris - Cité de la musique
- Bassin de La Villette : the largest artificial lake in Paris. Marin d'eau douce (boat rental)
- Canal Saint-Martin : treat yourself to a cruise to break up your cycling efforts with Canauxrama or Paris Canal
- Port de l’Arsenal : connects the Saint-Martin canal to the Seine, between the quai de la Rapée and the place de la Bastille
- Parc de Bercy and Bercy Village : occupies the site of former wine warehouses that were the world's largest wine and spirits trading centre in the 19th century
- La Cinémathèque française
- Jardin des plantes and National Museum of Natural History
- Ile de la Cité (Conciergerie et Sainte-Chapelle)
- Charenton-le-Pont: close by, the Bois de Vincennes Park, including Daumesnil Lake (with boating, ponies and more); Paris Zoological Park.
- Maisons-Alfort: Musée Fragonard de l’Ecole Vétérinaire d’Alfort (a museum of anatomical oddities at this prestigious veterinary training college)
- Ivry-sur-Seine: Manufacture des Œillets, home to Le Crédac (a contemporary art centre); Parc des Cormailles
- Vitry-sur-Seine: the street art; Mac Val (a contemporary art museum); Exploradôme (a science museum)
- Choisy-le-Roi: Passeurs de Rives, offering Seine ferry crossings in summer. On the opposite riverbank: Parc des Sports Paris Val-de-Marne (a major sports centre); Les Gondoles Ferme Pédagogique (an urban farm). Close by: Guinguette Auvergnate, a traditional riverside restaurant; Barefoot Style, offering waterskiing and other watersports
- Orly: tour of Orly Airport (by reservation only); Maison de l’Environnement et du Développement Durable (on sustainable development)
- Villeneuve-le-Roi: Parc des Sports du Grand Godet (a sports centre)
- Vigneux-sur-Seine: Propriété Caillebotte, 5km from the route, the atmospheric home of Impressionist painter Gustave Caillebotte
- Draveil: Ile de Loisirs du Port aux Cerises (an outdoor leisure centre)
- Viry-Châtillon: Viry-Grigny Lakes (a protected natural site)
- Étiolles: Espace Naturel Sensible des Coudrays (a protected natural site)