Elevation of the stage
Waytypes of the stage
Surface of the stage
From Fontet, the route is shared with that of the Canal des 2 Mers à Vélo cycle route, running alongside the Canal Latéral à la Garonne up to Buzet-sur-Baïse.
Surfacing smooth: asphalt.
PROVISIONAL ROUTE VIA BAZAS > CASTILLON DE CASTETS
At time of writing, the route via Langon wasn’t fully laid out, so, while awaiting its completion, cyclists have had to follow minor roads between Bazas and Castillon de Castets before rejoining the part shared with the Canal des 2 Mers à Vélo cycle route. Signposted EV3.
At Villeton - Tonneins or at Damazan, you can choose to head off along the Véloroute de la Vallée du Lot to discover one of the most beautiful rivers in France.
Train stations nearby
Marmande and Tonneins
- Meilhan-sur-Garonne: a perched village with panoramic views over the Garonne River
- Castets-en-Dorthe: the Musée des Allumettes (a match museum)
- Fontet: the port and outdoor leisure centre with water activities
- Mas d’Agenais: the church of St-Vincent, with its Christ on the Cross by Rembrandt
- Damazan: a bastide town, built as a new town in the 13th century, along a grid plan
- Buzet-sur-Baïse: the river port
- Note there are riverside stops laid out at Fourques-sur-Garonne, Le Mas d’Agenais, Damazan and Buzet-sur-Baïse