Cycling circuit around the Mont Ventoux
Waytypes of the cycle route
Surface of the cycle route
Cycling circuit of 130km around the Mont Ventoux
Signposting and layout of the Tour du Ventoux à Vélo
The Tour du Ventoux à Vélo cycle route is only signposted anticlockwise (with simple directional arrows).
Trains and stations via which to access the route
- Carpentras: train station located 10km from the route, which you can join not far from Bédoin.
- Regional TER line Avignon – Sorgues – Carpentras
- Trans'Cove bus network - see link
Consult the possibilities for taking your bike on board a train in France.
Climb Mont Ventoux by bike
The view from the summit of the Ventoux may invite you to climb it during this loop: several starting points for climbing it are directly accessible from the route!
- from Bédoin: the most mythical route - a classic of the Tour de France - but also the most athletic with steep and relentless sections!
- distance: 21.8 km | positive difference in altitude: 1622 metres | average gradient: 7.15
- from Malaucène: a climb from the west, also physical and intense but less frequented than from Bédoin. distance: 21.2 km | positive
- difference in altitude: 1535 metres | average gradient: 7.24
- from Sault: the most accessible of the three climbs, with a less strenuous start for the first few kilometres and a final section from Chalet Reynard that intensifies until the summit.
- distance: 25,7 km | positive difference in altitude: 1152 metres | average gradient: 4,5