Cycling circuit around the Mont Ventoux
Cycling circuit of 130km around the Mont Ventoux
Signposting and layout of the Tour du Ventoux à Vélo
The Tour du Ventoux à Vélo cycle route is only signposted anticlockwise (with simple directional arrows).
Trains and stations via which to access the route
- Carpentras: train station located 10km from the route, which you can join not far from Bédoin.
- Regional TER line Avignon – Sorgues – Carpentras
- Trans'Cove bus network - see link
Consult the possibilities for taking your bike on board a train in France.
Climb Mont Ventoux by bike
The view from the summit of the Ventoux may invite you to climb it during this loop: several starting points for climbing it are directly accessible from the route!
- from Bédoin: the most mythical route - a classic of the Tour de France - but also the most athletic with steep and relentless sections!
- distance: 21.8 km | positive difference in altitude: 1622 metres | average gradient: 7.15
- from Malaucène: a climb from the west, also physical and intense but less frequented than from Bédoin. distance: 21.2 km | positive
- difference in altitude: 1535 metres | average gradient: 7.24
- from Sault: the most accessible of the three climbs, with a less strenuous start for the first few kilometres and a final section from Chalet Reynard that intensifies until the summit.
- distance: 25,7 km | positive difference in altitude: 1152 metres | average gradient: 4,5