No real difficulties for cyclists on this stage of La Flow Vélo leading to Rochefort. The way alternates between quiet little roads and limestone tracks. There are 200m of track in a bad state of repair at time of writing before you arrive at the Pont de la Cèpe bridge.
Ride through Tonnay-Charente using its one-directional cycle path running parallel to the RD137 main road.
Link to the EV1 - La Vélodyssée cycle route
At the level of the Pont de la Cèpe bridge, you can head south via La Vélodyssée. If you cross the bridge towards Rochefort, La Vélodyssée and La Flow Vélo share the same path up to the town.
SNCF train stations
- Rochefort train station
- TER and Intercity lines for La Rochelle, Saintes, Bordeaux
- Please note that the Intercités Bordeaux-Nantes line is interrupted for work between La Rochelle and La Roche-sur-Yon until May 2021.
- Saint-Savinien sur Charente: The miniature port, The heritage house, the old town, the church
- Cabariot: The leisure base of the Moulin de Girouin, The bridge of the boletus,
- Trizay: The abbey, Les jardins de Compostelle,
- Tonnay-Charente: The Suspension Bridge
- Rochefort: The Arsenal of the Seas : The Ropeway - International Centre of the Sea + The Hermione + The Mast Hook + The National Naval Museum / The former Naval Medical School, The Museum of the old trades, the Hèbre Museum - Museum of Art and History, the Begonia Conservatory, The Rochefort Ferry Bridge and its museum, the Place Colbert.