La Flow Vélo leaves Saintes via the main thoroughfare known as the Cours National, heading towards a campsite. The track then follows the Charente River up to Narcejac. The route continues on a small local road to La Pommeraie. Take care joining the larger RD128 county road from La Pommeraie to Port à Clou. At Port à Clou, a path on wooden pillars allows you to cycle over the wetlands. To reach Saint-Savinien, you alternate between limestone tracks through meadows and small roads through villages. The end of this stage is the same as the start of the next stage, going from Saint-Savinien to Rochefort.
SNCF train stations
- Saintes train station
- TER line Angoulême - Châteauneuf-sur-Charente - Jarnac - Cognac - Saintes - Saujon - Royan
- TER and Intercity lines for La Rochelle, Rochefort, Bordeaux, Niort
- Saintes: the Germanicus arch, the Gallo-Roman amphitheatre, the Saint-Eutrope church, the abbey aux Dames - la cité musicale, Promenade on the Charente, the Saint Pierre cathedral, the aldermen's museum, the archaeological museum, the Dupuy-Mestreau museum
- Port d'Envaux: The lapidiales, the Chateau de Panloy, the village on the banks of the Charente river.
- Crazannes: Le Chateau, The natural escapes of the Crazannes' stone
- Saint Savinien sur Charente: The miniature port, The heritage house, the old town, the church