Elevation of the route
Waytypes of the cycle route
Surface of the cycle route
150km along the Tour du Jura Vélo Loisirs
The Tour du Jura Vélo Loisirs (the leisure-focused version of the major cycle route options around the Jura) is a loop starting from Dole, 158km in length, and fully signposted, in clockwise direction.
● Around 60% of this cycle route is along greenways, the other 40% on quiet roads shared with motorized traffic.
● This cycle route doesn’t present any particular physical challenges. It is accessible to all, including beginners and those using electric bikes (e-bikes, known as VAE in French). Please note, however, that the stretches along roads shared with motorized traffic do require a basic knowledge of cycling proficiency and safety, as you will encounter motorized vehicles.
Please note, accommodation along certain stretches of the cycle route is limited, so do consider reserving in advance. Cycling tourists might of course look out for Accueil Vélo-accredited accommodation.
Trains et transports along the Tour du Jura Vélo Loisirs :
To reach the starting point at Dole train station:
- Without transporting a bike
Further main train stations along the Lyon > Besançon line that serve the cycle route:
- Arc-et-Senans : TER regional services
- Mouchard : high-speed services to and from Lyon, plus TER regional services
- Arbois : TER regional services
- Poligny : TER regional services
- Domblans : TER regional services
Leaving from the finishing point (at Dole again!):
- Main line trains to Dijon and Paris, as well as to Lyon and to Switzerland
- Returning to: Paris (3h20, Intercités) | Lyon et Geneva
Connections with further cycle routes
There are several possibilities for creating your own interlinked cycling tour, thanks to several connections with further cycle routes (véloroutes in French):