Elevation of the route
Waytypes of the cycle route
Surface of the cycle route
Road Cycling Tour of 250km in France’s Montagnes du Jura
The Tour du Jura à Vélo Sport is fully signposted in anti-clockwise direction. It is accessible to electric bikes, but this is a cycle route geared to seasoned cyclists used to road cycling. The route is on roads shared with motorized traffic and involves significant shifts in altitude. Services along the way are simple (in terms of accommodation, eateries, pharmacies, bike repair facilities, etc). To find out about all the services close to the route, we suggest you invest in the Cartoguide Vélo du Jura (€6 at time or writing) available on www.jura-tourism.com or in tourist offices around the Jura.
Access to the cycle route
- By train (Line Lyon > Strasbourg): train stations at Lons-le-Saunier and Domblans
- By train (Ligne des Hirondelles): train stations at Saint-Claude, Morez, Morbier and Saint-Laurent-en-Grandvaux
- By car: access from the A39 motorway to reach Lons-le-Saunier, or from the A40 motorway to reach Saint-Claude via Oyonnax
View possibilities for travelling with your bike by train in France.
Car parking facilities
- Free, long-stay car park at the Gare de Lons-le-Saunier (train station)
- Free, long-stay car park at the Gare de Saint-Claude (train station)