26,24 km cycling route from Mirande to Trie-sur-Baïse
Elevation of the stage
Waytypes of the stage
Surface of the stage
This stage leads you exclusively along parish and county roads. Except for the way out of the town of Mirande and along the 2km-long stretch on the D939 road, where you need to take care, there are no major difficulties along this stage.
As the roads in the area are used by a lot of farm vehicles, stretches can be muddy or gritty in certain spots at certain times.
- Office de tourisme Mirande Astarac, 05 62 66 68 10
- Office de Tourisme du Pays de Trie et du Magnoac, Mairie (or town hall) of Trie-sur-Baïse, 05 62 35 50 88
- Mirande: church of St Mary in southern French Gothic style; Place d’Astarac (the main square); timberframe houses and arcades (here known as couverts)
- Close by: Jazz in Marciac, an internationally renowned annual jazz festival (normally held late-July to early August)
- St-Michel: the local architecture featuring black and white chequered walls, or murs en damier
- Trie-sur-Baïse: Église des Carmes (a Carmelite church); Monastère des Carmes (a Carmelite monastery); Église Notre-Dame des Neiges (another fine church, the snows in its name referring to a medieval legend about its founding); covered market and central square; square tower, former ramparts and fortifications; fête du cochon (pig festival), cyclo-cross triais