Via Fluvia from Yssingeaux to Raucoules
The cycle route crosses Yssingeaux town centre. Reaching the large village of Grazac, the ascent is intense over several dozen metres. Leaving Grazac, there’s a section along a quiet road with little traffic, with a slight gradient up to Lapte. The route is almost wholly along greenways up to Oumey Station. Take care crossing the D105 road (where the signage helps). The cycle route is entirely signposted ‘Via Fluvia’.
Link towards Lavalette Lake
From Lapte, it’s possible to reach Lac de Lavalette via quiet roads (4km)
Link by train via the Dolce Via cycle route
Oumey train station: departure of the tourist train the Velay Express up to Lamarche on the Dolce Via. Reservation in advance required for both you and your bike.
- Yssingeaux: the local market (Thursday mornings)
- La Chapelette: Notre Dame du Bon Secours de la Chapelette, a little votive chapel built by J.J. Maurin in 1854
- Grazac: the Cluniac Priory, which became a possession of Burgundy’s great Cluny Abbey in the year 939
- Lapte: the church dominating the Velay area, a listed historic monument along with its bell-tower, the tallest in the département, or county, of Haute-Loire (at 51m)
- Lac de Lavalette and its dam: 5km from Lapte, with swimming and nautical activities on offer