Head off from Saverne’s lovely river port. The cycle route follows the canal and is entirely set up as a greenway up to Strasbourg. This is an ideal stage to do as a family. Follow the signposting for EuroVelo 5.
SNCF train stations
Train stations at Lutzelbourg, Saverne and Strasbourg
- Regional TER line serving Nancy - Saverne - Strasbourg
- Regional TER line serving Metz - Saverne - Strasbourg
- TGV high-speed services to and from Strasbourg (serving Paris, Mulhouse, Dijon and more)
- Saverne: the Port de Plaisance (or river port); the Château des Rohan; the Roseraie (rose gardens).
- Hochfelden: Villa Météor and its brewery.
- Wingersheim: Sentier houblonnier (a Hops Trail).
- Brumath: Jardin remarquable de l'Escalier.
- Reichstett: Parc de la Maison Alsacienne (featuring all manner of traditional houses).
- Strasbourg: Notre Dame Cathedral; European Quarter; Petite France Quarter; La Neustadt Quarter; the many museums around Strasbourg.