The stretch linking Strasbourg to Soultz-les-Bains has been fully completed and signposted ‘EuroVelo 5’. It joins the canal’s old towpaths after you’ve left Strasbourg via a cycle track beside the Ill River. This stretch is ideal for families. Do be aware that, along certain parts, the people living in the houses beside the canal are allowed access to the towpath in motorized vehicles, but only going very slowly.
SNCF train stations
Train stations at Strasbourg, Entzheim Airport and Molsheim
- Regional TER line serving Strasbourg - Sélestat - Colmar - Mulhouse - Saint-Louis (Basel)
- Regional TER line serving Strasbourg - Entzheim Airport - Molsheim - Saint-Dié-des-Vosges
- Regional TER line serving Strasbourg - Entzheim Airport - Molsheim - Sélestat
- Strasbourg: Notre Dame Cathedral; European Quarter; Petite France Quarter; La Neustadt Quarter; the many museums around Strasbourg.
- Kolbsheim: Château de Kolbsheim and its jardin remarquable.
- Avolsheim: Church of Le Dompeter.