On quiet roads, plus with some lovely stretches on tracks or on new greenways.
At Notre-Dame-du-Marillais (with a lovely view of the church), turn right just after the bridge over the Èvre River to then get on the greenway there.
Link to the Musée Joachim-du-Bellay (literary museum) at Liré
At Ancenis, a link is signposted to the SNCF train station there
At Oudon’s bridge: be aware of the steep 1km-long slope up to the village of Champtoceaux.
Railway station - SNCF
Ancenis train station: TER regional trains serving Nantes, Angers, Tours and Orléans.
Le Marillais: the historic village; Notre-Dame Church.
Ancenis: the château; the Ursuline Convent; St Pierre Church; the old port and covered market; the Maison des Vins showcasing Loire wines.
- St-Florent-le-Vieil: Friday afternoon
- Ancenis: Thursday morning
Tourist Information centres
- St-Florent-le-Vieil: +33(0)2 41 72 62 32
- Ancenis: +33(0)2 40 83 07 44
- Oudon: +33(0)2 40 83 80 04
- Champtoceaux: +33(0)2 40 83 57 49