Minor roads up to Ferrière-la-Grande, then a greenway (being resurfaced at time of writing). No particular difficulties on this stage.
Surfaces smooth: compacted tracks or asphalt.
With the V31, the Véloroute de la Sambre, a cycle route along the Sambre Valley and through the Pays de Mormal area.
- Maubeuge train station
- Ferrière la Petite and Solre le Château : the forested ravines
- Ferrière la Petite : le Musée de la cour des potiers (a pottery museum)
- the village de Lez Fontaine
- Sars-Poteries : contemporary glass art at MusVerre
- Solre le Château : the church with its leaning spire
- Liessies : the village and the abbey grounds
- At 6 km from the Voie Verte de l'Avesnois towards Liessies, you will find the station touristique ValJoly (ValJoly tourist Resort) which offers different activities and accommodation solutions: campsites and cottages.