29,35 km cycling route from Tergnier to Ham
Elevation of the stage
Waytypes of the stage
Surface of the stage
From Tergnier to Mennessis, the cycle route follows the towpath beside the Canal de Saint-Quentin. At Mennessis Bridge, cyclists need to leave the canal-side way, as the towpath isn’t usable here and is forbidden to cyclists. Our cycle route’s unbroken signposting (green signs, the number 30 set against a white background) then leads you via pleasant, quiet secondary roads. While these have been chosen as traffic along them is light, do be aware that you may encounter motorized vehicles, particularly in autumn, when farmers work on the sugar beet crop.
- Link at Tergnier with La Scandibérique - EuroVelo 3
- To follow the Somme à la Marne cycle route into the neighbouring département (French county) of Aisne: from Tergnier, follow the Scandibérique signposting along the Canal Latéral à l'Oise up to Abbécourt (on the D922 road), then change bank, leaving the Scandibérique cycle route, following the Ailette Valley via Manicamp.
- Station at Tergnier
- Station at Flavy-le-Martel
- Station at Ham
- Tergnier: railway town (listed station), Art Deco Carnegie Square, Museum of the Resistance and Deportation and La Frette water sports centre
- Flavy-le-Martel: Art Deco style private mansions
- Saint-Simon: point Y (confluence of the Saint-Quentin canal and the Somme canalised), old peat bogs and Somme marshes (ornithological reserve)
- Ham: nautical base, castle, Notre-Dame church, Délicourt Park and Art-Deco heritage