31,59 km cycling route from Pont-Sainte-Maxence to Ermenonville/Ver-sur-Launette
Elevation of the stage
Waytypes of the stage
Surface of the stage
You alternate between minor roads and wide forest paths. Note the steep little slope after Pontpoint Church to reach the forest. From Le Moncel Royal Abbey at Pont-Sainte-Maxence, the way is shared with the Avenue Verte London-Paris cycle route up to Senlis. Then there is specific signposting in place for the EV3 up to Ver-sur-Launette. South of Senlis, at time of writing a deviation had been put in place to avoid an army firing range – follow the signposts.
Surfacing in parts smooth, in parts rough: compacted tracks and asphalt. There are a few stretches on rough farm tracks.
Connections with the Avenue Verte London-Paris cycle route at Pontpoint and Senlis.
- Pont-Sainte-Maxence train station : Intercités ⇄Paris, Saint-Quentin, Maubeuge, regional TER train ⇄Compiègne
- From Senlis, coaches to Creil and Chantilly, or then there’s a signposted cycle route to Chantilly train station
- Close by, Le Plessis-Belleville train station: regional TER trains Paris ⇄ Crépy-en-Valois
- Halatte Forest
- Senlis: the Gothic Cathedral; the well-preserved historic town centre; the Gallo-Roman temple; the Musée des Spahis (on a North African regiment that fought for France); the Musée de la Vénerie (on hunting); the ecological park...
- Ermenonville Forest
- Fontaine-Chaalis: Chaalis Royal Abbey; the Mer de Sable (theme park)
- Parc Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- Close by: Chantilly, famed for its castle and adjoining stables and racecourse