The Vallée du Loir by bike
The way begins in gently undulating lands that present a mosaic of different landscapes typical of the larger region, with cereal crops, vineyards and orchards. The route is dotted with charming villages built beside the Loir. Some boast troglodytic homes dug into the limestone riverbanks, a fascinating curiosity.
Entering the county of Sarthe, the route leads past lakes and pastures to Le Lude, marked by its grand Renaissance château with formal French gardens. Then a greenway leads to the historic town of La Flèche, with a zoological park on its outskirts. Continue on to Angers.
Signposting and state of the itinerary
The Vallée du Loir by bike is a cycling itinerary linked to two other routes : V41 and V47.
The largest part of the itinerary (90%) is developped on shared lanes (with motorized vehicles) with few traffic.
Services and accomodations "Accueil Vélo" ("Cyclists Welcome") on The Vallée du Loir by bike
Nearly 20 accomodations (campings, hotels, lodges, guest houses) "Accueil Vélo" ("Cyclists Welcome") are located at less than 5km away from the itinerary and they guarantee quality services for cyclists such as a closed garage for example. We strongly advise to book your accomodations in advance (including campings), especially in touristic areas.
Trains and public transports alongside The Vallée du Loir by bike
You can reach the itinerary by train easily from Paris and several trains are also available between various parts of the route.
- Ligne TGV Paris - Tours : arrêt à Vendôme
- Ligne TGV Paris / Le Mans / Nantes : arrêt à Angers
- Ligne Intercité Paris / Chartres / Le Mans : nombreux arrêts entre Paris et Chartres
- Ligne Intercité Paris / Châteaudun / Vendôme / Tours : nombreux arrêts entre Châteaudun et Vendôme
- Ligne TER Paris / Chartres / Le Mans : nombreux arrêts entre Paris et Chartres
- Ligne TER Paris / Chartres / Droué : arrêt à Illiers-Combray
- Ligne TER Le Mans / Tours : arrêts à Château du Loir et Vaas
- Autobus SNCF : Le Mans / La Flèche / Saumur