29,15 km cycling route from Manosque to Forcalquier
Elevation of the stage
Waytypes of the stage
Surface of the stage
The Cycle Route
Crossing Manosque, several stretches of greenway make it easy to ride out of town. Entering the Durance Valley, cyclists get a gentle warm-up before tackling a fairly steep climb through the village of Villeneuve, reached via a wooden foot-bridge over the river Le Largue. Riders then continue along a very quiet, high-perched road that proves quite easy to cycle along up to Forcalquier. The additional optional cycling circuit continuing on from Forcalquier is full of ups and downs, taking you along roads that are, for the most part, very quiet, and all of them magnificent. Along 37km, tackle 580m of positive ascent.
Links : EuroVelo 8 - La Méditerranée à vélo ; Forcalquier Lure à vélo ; Collines de Manosque
SNCF train stations
- Gare de Manosque - Gréoux les Bains
- Gare de La Brillanne
- Gare routière de Forcalquier
- Manosque : L'Occitane (factory tour and shop for this widely-known French cosmetics brand born here); Maison de la Biodiversité (featuring plant life); "Le Paraïs" Maison de Jean Giono (the regional author’s house); Centre Culturel Jean Giono ; the historic town centre (vieille ville); the Plan d'eau des Vannades, a lake.
- Volx : Écomusée l'Olivier a local museum dedicated to the olive.
- Forcalquier : the Citadel; the Couvent des Cordeliers; the geological site of Les Mourres; the Biscuiterie (for local biscuits); Caves de Régusse (wine shop); France Montgolfière (for hot-air ballooning)
- Close to Mane : Musée ethnographique et jardins de Salagon (set around a priory)