There’s a bit of a slope to climb on leaving Nontron, then the way is flatter, along small roads, to Javerlhac. Works that should be carried out before end 2020 should ease the climb taking you into the county of Charente. Then you join a stretch of greenway up to Marthon railway station; with its good surface, it’s much appreciated by families. This stage is well signposted.
EuroVelo 3 link - La Scandibérique
At the Marthon train station, take the direction of Montbron to travel northwards along La Scandibérique. Towards the south, La Scandibérique and La Flow Vélo take the same route to Châteauneuf-sur-Charente.
SNCF train stations
No SNCF train station on this stage: Angoulême or Thiviers are the nearest stations.
- Nontron: Nontron cutlery, The Experimental Pole of Crafts, Garden of Arts
- Javerlhac: Saint Robert Chapel
- Varaignes: Le chateau, Lud'eau Vive-site dedicated to hydraulic energy
- Souffrignac: The gardens of Bandiat
- Feuillade: Saint stone church with its interior frescoes
- Marthon: Dungeon of the Breuil tower, the chapel carries st jean,