25,98 km cycling route from Nontron to Marthon
Elevation of the stage
Waytypes of the stage
Surface of the stage
There’s a bit of a slope to climb on leaving Nontron, then the way is flatter, along small roads, to Javerlhac. Works that should be carried out before end 2020 should ease the climb taking you into the county of Charente. Then you join a stretch of greenway up to Marthon railway station; with its good surface, it’s much appreciated by families. This stage is well signposted.
Connexion with EuroVelo 3 - La Scandibérique
From Marthon station, head north towards Montbron to follow the Scandibérique. To the south, La Scandibérique and La Flow Vélo follow the same route to Châteauneuf-sur-Charente.
No train stations on this stage : Angoulême or Thiviers are the nearest one.
- Nontron: Nontronnaise cutlery, Pôle Expérimental des métiers d'art, jardin des Arts
- Javerlhac: Saint Robert chapel
- Varaignes: The castle, Lud'eau Vive-site dedicated to hydraulic energy
- Souffrignac: Bandiat gardens
- Feuillade: Saint pierre church with its interior frescoes
- Marthon: Donjon de la tour du Breuil, la chapelle porte st jean,