40,90 km cycling route from Mouthe to Frasne
Elevation of the stage
Waytypes of the stage
Surface of the stage
There are some steep sloes between Vaux-et-Chantegrue and Bonnevaux. Do take care on the descents, remembering that there are cattle grids to cross!
Starting out along a quiet road shared with just light motorized traffic up to Saint-Point Lake, then on a stretch with even lighter traffic up to Bonnevaux, the stage finishes along a cycle track leading from Bonnevaux to Frasne.
Services available: tourist offices at Mouthe and Frasne; shops; fruitière à comté for Comté cheese ageing; cafés/restaurants; pharmacy
SNCF train services
- gare de Pontarlier
- gare TGV de Frasne (for high-speed train connections)
- Mouthe: the source of the Doubs River
- Labergement Sainte-Marie: Lac de Remoray
- Malbuisson: Lac Saint Point
- Frasne: tourbières (peat bogs)
- Pontarlier : Château de Joux and Fort Mahler; Route des Abolitions de l’Escalavage (a tourist route recalling the strong historic connections here with the campaign to abolish slavery in France); museum