Percey-le-Grand / Pontailler-sur-Saône Cycle route along the Canal entre Champagne & Bourgogne
42,07 km cycling route from Percey-le-Grand to Pontailler-sur-Saône
Elevation of the stage
Waytypes of the stage
Surface of the stage
The greenway is well-surfaced, signposted and laid out, following the towpath beside the canal. There are a few rougher stretches between Percey-le-Grand and Pouilly-sur-Vingeanne. There are also a few short stretches on roads shared with motorized traffic.
As well as the sign-posting, there are kilometre markers in place.
At the level of Heuilley Lock, soon after Maxilly-sur-Saône, you can link to the Voie Bleue cycle route
Pontailler-sur-Saône : 03 80 47 84 42
SNCF train station
SNCF train station at Is-sur-Tille (25km west of Beaumont-sur-Vingeanne), served by a regional TER service
- Fontaine-Française: this château has undergone major transformations down the centuries and is accessible via the D105 road from Villeneuve-sur-Vingeanne (6km)
- Oisilly: viaduct dating from 1867, 294m in length, decorated with lions’ heads (on the former railway line from Gray to Is-sur-Tille)
- Cheuge: for the drawbridge over the canal
- Heuilley-sur-Saône: Maison de l’Eau, de la Pêche et de la Nature (on local nature and fishing)
- Talmay : 18th-century château set in grounds including French-style gardens