Waytypes of the stage
Voie Douce de la Payre from Le Pouzin to Privas
The cycle route is signposted ‘Voie Douce de la Payre’.
This greenway is connected to ViaRhôna cycle route departing from the the southern exit from Le Pouzin at the round-about on the RD86 road.
The excellent asphalt surface along this 20km-long cycle track helps make up for the slight ascent (gradient of 1%) almost all the way along as far as Privas. An ideal cycling trip to tackle as a family.
- Le Pouzin: the Roman bridge with its single arch spanning the Ouvèze River
- Baix: a village with ancient roots; the Viaduc de la Payre
- Alissas: its impressive viaduct along the route (178m in length)
- Saint-Vincent-de Barrès: a character-filled village and a medieval gem
- Privas: capital for the production of marrons glacés (candied chestnuts); the historic building, the Hôtel Diane de Poitiers (15th century); the Pont Louis XIII (a 12th-century bridge)