33,16 km cycling route from Marseilles-lès-Aubigny to Sancoins
Elevation of the stage
Waytypes of the stage
Surface of the stage
Cycle route from Marseilles-lès-Aubigny to Sancoins
This portion of the Saint-Jacques à Vélo - Via Vézelay is provisional, so keep a keen eye out for the temporary signposting in the form of yellow signs and refer to your roadbook and local maps. Completion of the whole Canal de Berry à Vélo cycle route is planned for 2025. Up until then, stretches of the route will open bit by bit, but not in unbroken fashion. So, for the time being, we suggest you work out your own route in advance, with the help of local tourist offices. Note that some of the provisional stretches may include non-tarmacked portions, but these should still provide easy cycling; nor should they present any particular difficulties for road bikes even, but do check your tyre pressures before tackling them.
A few kilometres before Sancoins (the town at the end of this stage), you’ll encounter the junction with the V70 - Via Allier cycle route, which you could take to head towards Nevers, south along the Loire. Note how, by combining the Saint-Jacques à Vélo - Via Vézelay - V56 cycle route, the EuroVeloroute des Fleuves - EV6 and the Via Allier - V70, you could enjoy a beautiful cycling circuit around the wider Loire area, taking you via La-Charité-sur-Loire, Sancoins and Nevers.
You could also opt to ride down the Via Allier cycle route towards its starting point in the Massif Central, cycling off in the direction of Moulins.
For further information on the Via Allier.
- Agence française des chemins de Compostelle – 05 62 27 00 05
- Office de Tourisme Intercommunal des Trois Provinces, 13, place du Commerce, 18600 SANCOINS
- Agence de développement touristique du Cher
SNCF train services
- Guerche-sur-l’Aubois station, with direct connections to Nevers and Orléans
- Marseilles-lès-Aubigny: an inland port beside the Loire, located at the point where the Canal de Berry joins the Canal Latéral à la Loire
- La Guerche-sur-l’Aubois: parc Maurice Fuselier (public gardens)
- Sancoins: marché des Grivelles (a livestock market, sales by auction)