Waytypes of the stage
On a greenway along the Briare Canal and on minor roads. No particular difficulties along this stage. Signposted EV3.
Surfacing in parts smooth, in parts rough: asphalt in more or less good condition along the towpath, with some stretches of compacted tracks.
Towards Montargis train station
- Montargis train station
- Montargis: a town nicknamed the Venice of the Gâtinais area and a member of the Les Plus Beaux Détours de France, for its historic riches. Also discover the surprising link with former Chinese leader Deng Xiaoping and how Montargis played a startling role in forging Franco-Chinese relations.
- Amilly: the Tanneries, a contemporary art centre; Moulin Bardin, a restored 19th-century mill
- Montbouy: vestiges of a Gallo-Roman amphitheatre
- Châtillon-Coligny: Musée Historique de l’Ancien Hôtel-Dieu
- Rogny-les-Sept-Écluses: the historic flight of seven locks