Elevation of the route
Waytypes of the cycle route
Surface of the cycle route
La Véloccitanie : 237 km from Seuil de Naurouze to Béziers
La Véloccitanie is a cycle route you can tackle at any time of year. However, in rainy weather, at time of writing, we advise against riding along the Rigole de la Plaine (beyond the Rigole de la Plaine greenway) leading from Lenclas Lake to Le Seuil de Naurouze as this stretch of route isn’t laid out yet and the surface is unstable.
Signposting along the Route
- From Le Seuil de Naurouze to the Lac de Lenclas: provisional signposting carrying the La Véloccitanie logo
- From Lac de Lenclas to Revel: signposting for the Voie Verte de la Rigole de la Plaine (a greenway)
- From Revel to Mazamet: official La Véloccitanie signposting
- From Mazamet to Bédarieux: signposting for the Voie Verte PassaPaïs (a greenway), plus La Véloccitanie waymarking
- From Bédarieux to the nine locks at Fonseranes, along the Canal du Midi, beside Béziers: official La Véloccitanie signposting
Provisional route between Puimisson (in the département, or county, of Hérault) and Béziers train station (also in the Hérault). A way to cross northern Béziers by bike is in the planning. In the meantime, we propose an alternative route (itinéraire bis in French) connecting Puimisson to the Canal du Midi to then reach Fonseranes, with its nine locks, and also the centre of the town of Béziers.
Accommodation « Accueil Vélo » along La Véloccitanie
Trains and transport along La Véloccitanie
To join the cycle route, starting at Castelnaudary
- From Bordeaux (TER, INTERCITÉS, 3h30)
- From Toulouse (TER, INTERCITÉS, 0h51)
- From Béziers (TER, INTERCITÉS, 1h15)
To join the cycle route, starting at Castres
- from Toulouse (TER, 1h23)
To join the cycle route, starting at Bédarieux
- From Clermont-Ferrand (INTERCITÉS, 5h54)
Connections with other cycle routes
La Véloccitanie connects with the Canal des 2 Mers à Vélo, enabling you to create a cycling circuit or loop combining two cycle routes.
- From Seuil de Naurouze to Castelnaudary along le Canal des 2 mers à vélo
- From Capestang to Béziers along le Canal des 2 mers à vélo
- From Somail to Béziers along La Méditerranée à vélo
The "Réseau Pro PassaPaïs"
To facilitate your cycling trip on the "PassaPaïs" greenway section and to organise your stay, a network of professionals offers you its services. Details on professionals offers PassaPaïs
Transport of luggage, people and bicycles
To ride freely without having to carry your equipment, La Malle Postale offers transport of luggage, bikes and people on the route. Discover services