EuroVelo 6 - Cycle Route of the rivers
Waytypes of the cycle route
Surface of the cycle route
Signposting and state of the itinerary
The EuroVelo 6 is marked at 97% with road signs on both sides from East to West. The Eurovelo 6 logo is indicated on every signs.
Half ot the itinerary (49%) is rideable on designated lanes for non-motorized passengers.
Services et accomodations "Accueil Vélo" ("Cyclists Welcome") on The Vélodyssée
Nearly 450 accomodations (campings, hotels, lodges, guest houses) "Accueil Vélo" ("Cyclists Welcome") are located at less than 5km away from the itinerary and they guarantee quality services for cyclists such as a closed garage for example. We strongly advise to book your accomodations in advance (including campings), especially in touristic areas.
Trains and public transports alongside The Vélodyssée
The itinerary is well served with trains, although you need to be careful during peak periods when bicycle transports can become complicated in TER.
- TGV Metz > Strasbourg > Mulhouse > Besançon > Dijon (10€ for bike ticket)
- TER Dijon > Dole > Besançon
- TER Chalon > Montchanin > Nevers (connexion at Montchanin)
- TER Nevers > Decize > Dijon
- "Train Vélo Loire" between Orléans > Blois > Tours > Saumurs > Angers > Nantes (a dedicated train carriage for bicycles is settled during summer).
Some Train Vélo Loire goes up to La Baule, you can verify the schedule here.